Wednesday, November 29, 2017

All About: The Sisterhood of Traveling Pants


Alright everyone, you know what time it is. So today's assignment is to research a bestselling book we chose over Thanksgiving break, and I chose The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.
So this book was originally published in New York City by 17th Street Productions. The book production cost is not stated, but the film cost was over 25 million. This book was a very interesting book. It has to do with four best friends who are all going to be separated for the summer. On their last day together, they all find a pair of pants that all seem to fit them perfectly. They decide to share them over the summer as their way of communication.
This book is somewhat different than other books I have read in school. I have never been assigned to read a realistic fiction book, which is my favorite genre. I recommend this book to people who enjoy classics and of course, realistic fiction. I find the movie much better than the book because you can get a better understanding of how the characters look/feel.
I don't think there is much you can learn from this book except just how loyal friends can be, and just how sentimental something ordinary can be. I think this book would be a good book for English or other writing classes, and I will definitely read it again (and watch the movie :p)

No comments:

Post a Comment